Friday 3 June 2011


Didn't we have a lovely time the day we went to London?
Actually it was on Wednesday when we popped up to the teaming metropolis that is our capital city along with a coach load of art lovers from the St. Andrews Church, Kettering art group.
I forgot to take a photograph of the gallery but this phone box is just outside so you can exercise your imagination.
Tate Britain is on the river Thames embankment, quite close to the Houses of Parliament and Westminster.
The exhibition itself was mainly very good with some stunning paintings and a few pleasant surprises.
One of my favourites was by an artist called John Dunstan which he painted around 1660 and it still looks good today. It's title is, A Pollard Oak near West Hampnett Place Chichester. Have a look on Google and see if you can find it.
Most of the exhibition was excellent but they did reserve one room right near the end (before you have to go through the shop to the exit) which contained some really poor stuff. I'm no art expert but at my age I do know an awful lot about rubbish and there was a lot of it in that room. Still, mustn't grumble.
Just along the street from Tate Britain there is a superb pub called The Morpeth where the food, the beer and the service is absolutely first class.
Pop in and mention my name next time you're down there. It won't mean a thing to anyone but who cares?
Tomorrow I'm off to Desborough to photograph a wedding with my friend Mike so maybe I'll tell you about it on my next blog.
Bye for now.
God Bless xx

No comments:

Post a Comment