Saturday 18 June 2011

Cattitude. (with apologies to Charles Swindall)

"The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of cattitude on life."


Now, I must admit that in some ways I'm lucky because I don't have any cats. 
However.....
My wife is owned by eight of the delightful creatures and each one of them has his or her own distinct personality
Sadly they have not yet accepted that they do not own me so their catitude to me is exactly what you would expect.
Robbie, who you can see on the left is convinced that he owns me and so he has attached me to him with a strong elastic band which means that where he goes, I go too.
Clarence, the cross eyed one suffers from a deficit of wake which means that he needs twenty two hours of sleep a day and is very reluctant to give up his bed to us when we need to retire for the night. In fact he doesn't give it up, he just moves into the middle so that we can slide in without disturbing him.
Then we have Babe ( sometimes called Tich the Terror). For a long time it was Tich's custom when it was raining to bring us a gift of worms. Some evenings we would find up to half a dozen of them lined up for inspection on the kitchen floor. As fast as we put them back into the garden they would reappear.
But not now.
Tich the Terror has become a FROG magnet.
Now, I've got nothing against frogs you understand but I don't find them that attractive.
That is something that seems to have escaped Tich who insists on bringing her new friends into the house while we are watching "Cats Life" on the television.
Last night she came in with what I thought was either a snake or a VERY LARGE worm in her mouth but I realised too late that she had a frog head first down her throat with its back legs hanging out on either side of her mouth.
After I detached myself from the ceiling I chased after her but I became stuck in the cat flap so I was unable to rescue the poor creature.
Life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.
In the end it all comes down to CATITUDE.
Still....Mustn't grumble.


God |Bless.



No comments:

Post a Comment